The policy analysis and guidance you need by the experts you trust, daily.
- After Hours
- Agent Oversight
- Brain Food
- Health Insurance Exchanges
- Part D
- Performance Optimization
- Policy & Health Reform
- Prospective Evaluations
- Provider Relations
- Risk Adjustment
- Sales & Marketing
- Star Ratings
- Cathy Aquino on Benefits are Submitted. What’s Top of Mind for 2019 Marketing & Sales?
- CMS Doubles Down on Member Experience – FAQs | Gorman Health Group Blog on CMS Doubles Down on Member Experience
- Regan Pennypacker on Latest Audit Enforcement Actions Issued by CMS
- Kathleen Chapman on 2019 Medicare Advantage Rate Announcement & Call Letter
- Michelle Juhanson on Latest Audit Enforcement Actions Issued by CMS
The Voice of Diane Hollie
I am shocked the 2019 Medicare Marketing Guidelines (MMG) did not come out last Friday since that is when I started vacation. But no… a week later, we are still waiting, and now the wait really starts to impact the development of our marketing strategies and tactics.
Now that benefits have been submitted, the emphasis is turning to Sales and Marketing. When speaking with different Medicare Advantage plans across the country, you start to hear different things about what is going to be important for Marketing and Sales this Annual Election Period (AEP) and Open Enrollment Period (OEP). Here is some of the top “buzz” we have been hearing from plans: Read more
Do it now! Get your benefit strawman, enrollment projections, and financial goals developed before benefit season begins!
Here are three planning questions you need to ask yourself right now:
- Are you losing market share because you are not offering the right products or product mix?
- How could the profitability of your Medicare Advantage (MA) enrollment change if you expanded your service area?
- Is now the time to begin offering an MA plan?
One of the reasons healthcare marketing is so interesting is that it’s never static for long. Once you think you have it figured out, something changes in the mix. Pre-Annual Election Period (AEP) marketing is one of those phenomena that changes the mix in AEP marketing. If a pre-AEP marketing strategy is not in your marketing plan this year, here are three reasons why you may want to reconsider: Read more
Benefits were submitted on June 5, 2017. Too many times we see health plans wait until the last minute to complete important information. This tends to lead to incorrect mailings and advertising getting into the marketplace with costly errata mailings occurring. Gorman Health Group recommends you start with a strong work plan in place to get the following documents completed, starting now:
Although the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Spring Conference is typically thought of as a “compliance” conference, there is always important information that comes from the conference which affects Marketing. It is important to understand the information coming today instead of waiting for a CMS memo or the Medicare Marketing Guidelines (MMG). It is also a great way to hear how CMS personnel are thinking about a subject instead of just trying to infer their thoughts from the MMG. The following are some takeaways that may affect you and your plan.