The GHG Blog is just the tip of the iceberg. Check out the Point for complete access to all content from GHG experts.
- After Hours
- Agent Oversight
- Brain Food
- Health Insurance Exchanges
- Part D
- Performance Optimization
- Policy & Health Reform
- Prospective Evaluations
- Provider Relations
- Risk Adjustment
- Sales & Marketing
- Star Ratings
- Denise Gill-Vigilante on How to Efficiently Conduct an Audit
- R. Pennypacker on Compliance Highlights of the CY 2017 Draft Call Letter
- Kathleen Chapman on Is Value-Based Insurance Design All It’s Cracked Up To Be?
- Tracy Croxon on Compliance Highlights of the CY 2017 Draft Call Letter
- Ted Rever on Final Rule: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2017
The Gorman Health Group 2016 Forum concluded last week with over 200 of our closest clients and partners. There was great news and rough news, so here are a few takeaways: Read more
Last week was an exciting time for the policy world with the release of the Final Medicare Advantage (MA) Payment Rate and Call Letter. Here are some other notable stories we are watching develop in the next few weeks:
President Obama released the Fiscal Year 2017 budget last Tuesday, which contains many significant proposals to government healthcare programs. Although both the Senate and House’s budget committees already rejected hearings from the President’s budget chief and unsurprisingly declared the bill “dead on arrival,” the proposals do contain many bipartisan provisions with significant cost savings. One such proposal organizations should watch carefully, for example, is using competitive bidding in Medicare Advantage plans.
The new year brings a slew of issues that will define government-sponsored health programs. Here’s what we’re watching closely, not necessarily in this order. Opportunities have never been greater in Medicare, Medicaid, and ObamaCare, but execution risk is rising fast. If this was an easy business, we’d be out of business.